Monday, May 25, 2009

The Launch of the Website!

At long last, I’ve finally published my website. I selected three short stories to go up, I’ll probably rotate them out periodically and I’ll definitely post new stories as I write them.

As many of you know, I’m a student and I also work. So when I do get breaks from the semester like this I try and bust a move on writing or writing-related projects that I’ve tabled while trying to keep up with life’s other demands. While I certainly do write during the semesters, I don’t usually have time for the bigger projects, like the website. Those tend to be the bigger goals on my “to do” list that have to wait for times such as this to come to fruition.

For this break – the next week and a half until the summer term starts – I told myself that I would finish the latest revision on The Red, publish my website, continue my quest to find an agent, and write at least two more short stories that I've been really itching to get to.

How’s the agent search going? Well, about as well as one could expect. I started sending query letters around the end of January, I only sent five out – which is a very small amount – and all five resulted in “thanks, but no thanks” responses. I would say that it’s disappointing, but it’s really not unexpected. I can’t remember where I read it, but I recall an author stating something to the effect of, “If you’re not getting rejected, then you’re not trying to get published.” Fact is, there are a lot of authors and a lot of agents who represent a wide-array of clients. I’ll find the right match. I just need to keep at it and more importantly, keep honing my skills as a writer.

So check out the site and let me know what you think! Drop a line or leave a comment.

No comments: