Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New Cover Art!

Sage words tell us, "You should never judge a book by its cover."

Fact:  Absolutely no one heeds this advice.

Let me be honest.  The previous cover art for The Red was pretty bad.  When the book initially released for Kindle, I knew I needed something better.  Especially if the book came out in a print edition.  I felt like I had a story I could be proud of and I needed a cover that represented this to readers.

After working with Kyna Tek, I'm proud to show you the new cover piece for the book:


You can check out more of Kyna's work at his website, www.kyteki.com.  His portfolio is very diverse; I'm a big fan.  He read the novel and came up with this depiction of Thom, which I absolutely love.  I can't imagine a better way to represent the novel.

For those of you who purchased the novel earlier and have the old cover art on your Kindle (or compatible device) I'm working with Amazon to get an update to you.  More on that to come - rest assured I'll find a way to update your version of the book.

Very soon, a print edition will also be available.  I'll announce details on that once everything is finalized.

No comments: